Whether you are new to running or an elite runner, improving your form and efficiency can be beneficial for injury prevention and result in improved performance.
The Run Lab is a program dedicated to the in-depth evaluation of your running mechanics in addition to evaluating and addressing running related injuries.
- It is perfect for those returning to run after an injury or surgery, for those new to running as well as those seasoned athletes seeking to improve their speed and performance.
- We utilize specific drills and exercises to encourage proper form as well as develop key muscle groups that are integral during running.
The Run Lab isn’t only for “runners!”
- Running crosses into many disciplines and is the common denominator in most sports and conditioning programs. With that, unfortunately, a lot of injuries occur secondary to poor form and efficiency. It can also be a source of frustration and discouragement for athletes who feel they “aren’t good” at running.
- Like most skills in sport, proper running form can be taught and learned much like a golf swing or throwing a baseball.
A running evaluation includes the following:
- 90-120 minutes of one on one time
- A complete physical therapy evaluation
- Functional mobility screening
- Shoe wear analysis and recommendations
- Video analysis of running form on treadmill
- Video playback of your form with in depth discussion
- Recommendations on how to start your journey to healthier running form along with exercises and drills
A running follow up session includes the following:
- 60 minutes of one on one time
- Follow up video analysis if needed on treadmill or overground
- Advancement or modification of drills and exercises
- Time running outside with clinician if needed for real time verbal cueing
- Manual therapy as needed
For questions on billing or to schedule an appointment see our Pricing & Scheduling page.